With two simple tools you are able to disassemble the Xbox 360 case, removing the components from the system without any damage. If you plan to take apart your Xbox 360 -- and we must warn that doing so will probably void your warranty.
1.The first step is to remove the front face plate. Take a look at the front of the Xbox 360 and insert your finger into the gap on the side cover that is closest to the front USB ports [Pic 1a]. Gently pull out the face plate with your thumb [Pic 1b]. With not much force, the face plate should pop right off [Pic 1c].
2. You will notice that the gray ventilation side plates attach to both the bottom and top white chassis. We will now remove the gray side plate starting with the right side of the unit (The side where the hard drive plugs into). For this you will need the Xecuter Unlock Tool. First you need to unlatch the two internal locks which is done quite easily [Pic 2a] & [Pic 2b]
3. Here is a couple of pics showing the process of unlocking the two internal latches [Pic 2c]. Note that when you unlock the latch you should gently lift the gray panel [Pic 2d]
4. There are three latches down each side of the case. These can be accessed through the round air vent holes. Use the unlock tool to push in these latches. On each latch gently lift the gray side panel so that the latches cannot fall back into place [Pic 3a], [Pic 3b] & [Pic 3c].
5. Now turn the Xbox around as you will be doing the same to the other side. To access the first hole to your left you will need to remove a small gray rubber pad [Pic 3d].
6. Now use the unlock tool again to push in two more latches through the air vent holes. Remember to gently lift as you go along [Pic 3e] & [Pic 3f].
7. Remove the gray side panel from the case [Pic 3g].
8. Now lets remove the gray panel on the other side of the case. This one is a little more straight forward as there are no internal latches to unclip. There are three latches each side. Again use the unlock tool to access each latch through the air vent holes. Make sure you gently lift the gray side plate after unclipping each latch [Pic 4a], [Pic 4b] & [Pic 4c]
8. Now lets switch to the other side. Again there are three latches to unclip. Remember to gently lift the panel so the latches do not fall back into place [Pic 5a], [Pic 5b] & [Pic 5c]
9. Once you have both side panels removed, you have essentially removed the main locking mechanism that holds the top and bottom shells together. At this point, return to the front of the unit and turn the entire unit upside down [Pic 6a]
10. Using a flat head screw driver or even your fingernail, gently pry up the 4 clips holding the top shell to the bottom [Pic 7a]. Once the clips are unlatched, slowly lift up the front of the bottom shell about an inch or so [Pic 7b].
11. Now turn over the console to remove the bottom shell. You will need the Unlocking Tool as there are 5 small rectangle holes to the left of the case [Pic 8a] and 2 small rectangle holes to the right [Pic 8b].
12. There are 5 pins on one side of the Unlock Tool [Pic 9a] and 2 pins on the other side [Pic 9b]. You will need to insert these pins into the small rectangle holes to enable the case to unlatch. The reason the front of the bottom shell needs to be lifted is to prevent the rear latches from reattaching themselves.
13. Carefully insert the Unlock Tool into the row of 5 [Pic 9c]. You should hear a click sound for each clamp you unlatch. Once complete, lift up the left side of the case [Pic 9d] then move over to the row of 2 on the other side of the case.
14. Carefully insert the Unlock Tool into the row of 2 [Pic 9e]. You should hear a click sound for each clamp you unlatch.
15. Once complete, lift up the entire bottom section of the case [Pic 10a] & [Pic 10b].
16. Looking down on the Xbox metal casing you will notice that there are a lot of screws. We are only interested in 6 of them. Using your Torx 10 screw driver, remove the silver screws [Pic 11a].
17. Once you have all the screws removed, flip the Xbox 360 right side up and lift up the top plastic shell [Pic 12a] & [Pic 12b].
18. You should now be greeted with the internals of the Xbox 360 [Pic 12c]. Congratulations you are now ready to proceed with installing your Blaster360 !