Statistically, if you were an early adopter of the Xbox 360, at some point you'll probably be greeted by the unfortunate sight of the three Red Rings of Death blinking back at you. If this is the case, don't panic! There's a (relatively) easy fix out there that will get your machine working good as new.
Most of the time, the RROD is caused by the motherboard overheating and warping, then causing the memory modules to break their solder joints - making your 360 go haywire. The Team Xecuter RROD Fix is a pack of 4 specifically sized, specially forumulated heatpads that fix themselves onto the memory chips and renew the connection.
What you need:
You need the following:
1. XCM Unlock Tool kit 2. Xbox 360 Single Team Xecuter RROD kit
Step by Step Instructions
1. Open the Xbox 360 case, using the 360 unlock kit
2. Remove the 'circle of light' panel from the front of the machine.
3. Remove the 3 highlighted screws on the module where you just removed the circle of light
4. Unplug the module from the bulk of the console, as shown in the diagram.
5. Turn the console upside down. Using the screws included in the Team Xecuter RROD single pack, remove all of the screws on the back of the machine. Make sure you note where you put them to fit the 360 back together again. There should be 17 screws in total.
6. Pull out the fan cable to make it possible to remove the motherboard.
7. Remove the motherboard from the case and flip it over. Remove the 4 original pink pads as shown in picture below.
8. Firmly attach the Team Xecuter pads from the single RROD kit onto each of the four chips.
9. Now you need to reassemble your Xbox by following the steps from this guide and the Unlock Xbox Guide in reverse.
10. Power the Xbox 360 on and leave it on for around 20 minutes. Those nasty RROD lights should soon switch to green lights and your machine will be working again!